Saturday, June 6, 2015

List of (some? all?) Records from Lika province in the Croatian State Archive

In response to an earlier post, Deb asked me about why I started with the year 1820-1821.

The simple reason: 1820-1821 the oldest record they have available in the Zagreb archive.  Below are pictures I took of the records they have available.  I should not that I don't know if this represents all or just some of the records available for Lika (which is where the Kljaić family is from).  I am most interested in the Standes Tabelle because I think it will be the most complete information available.  As the pictures show, they have these records from 1820 to roughly 1870.  The archives in Vienna should cover the same time period as well as several decades before and after. 

Even though the Vienna archive covers the same period, I still plan to exhaust both sides in case there is something that I otherwise would have missed.     












No comments:

Post a Comment